Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Volcano We'll Call Home

   


This is the Tajumulco volcano.  At 13,845 ft, it is the highest point in Guatemala and all of Central America.  Fun Fact:  That makes it a whopping 13,660 ft higher than our current home of Shreveport, LA!  Pretty cool, I think.  Many of you may know that Paul and I are moving our little family to the side of this [dormant, PTL*] volcano.  There are precious people there who have not yet heard that Jesus is Lord and we are humbled that God would use us to share this good news with them.

These past few months of praying and researching and praying some more have been wonderful for my walk with the Lord.  He has constantly reassured me in nervous moments. He has confirmed His plan whenever I have doubted. He has replaced my fearful spirit with one of adventure and boldness.  He has been a faithful lamp at our feet and, when we have cried out for more, He has shone a light on our path.

There is still so much that we do not know about what this new adventure holds, but we know that the Lord will be with us each step of the way.  He promises us His presence.  Matthew 28 tells us, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.  And surely I am with you always, even to the end of the age."  How could we ask for anything more than the abiding presence of Jesus?

God told Abram to go.  He told him to leave his country, his people, and his father's household.  He said, "Go to the land that I will show you."  And Abram went, as the Lord had told him.  I am always so thankful to have these acts of faithful obedience to encourage and embolden me in my own walk!

This is our adventure in obedience.  I am excited, nervous, humbled, and, let's be honest, a little bit terrified!  I can't wait to tell you all about it!

*PTL-Praise The Lord

 

2 comments:

  1. I understand your feeling, undoubtedly, This is big challenge and huge decision for you and your family. however, you don't need to worry about future life in Guatemala.Though we are different people, no matter American, Chinese or Guatemala , we all have same heart full of hot blood. Every people will admire and appreciate what you did, just as me. you will have fantastic life in future

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Dr. Yu! Thank you for your encouragement! I miss seeing you all in class! I am praying for you and LinLin.

    ReplyDelete